Monday, March 5, 2012

Sage Is Here

Yay!! The day I thought would never arrive finally came. I was close to giving up hopes that my body actually knew how to go into labor. But early Friday morning I proved myself wrong. So here's how it went.

Friday I woke up at 1ish to some pretty strong pains. This wasn't the first time I had contractions during the night though so I didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep. I halfway slept through two more contractions and then woke up to a big one around 2. This is when I knew. Everyone always told me that if I was in labor I would know. I didn't believe it until it actually happened and they were right. By then I could not sleep anymore so I woke up Chase and we started timing them. They went from 15 min. apart to 10 min. apart within the first hour and then from 5 min apart to 2 min apart within the next hour. By then I was done with bed. I was up cleaning my house, showering, and trying to decide what I needed to bring a baby home with. We headed to the hospital around 5:30 after a quick pit stop to McDonalds for breakfast since we knew we wouldn't be eating anytime soon. We got to the hospital and I was progressed enough that the nurse said I could get my epidural or I could get up and walk for a while to see if I would progress anymore. I decided to get up and walk. I could still handle the pain pretty well so I thought I might should help my body along a little. After walking I was ready for the meds. I got the epidural and about ten min. after my Dr. came in and broke my water to get things going faster. Three hours later it was time for Sage to come. It was all said and done at 2:37 when our precious Sage came into the world. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I honestly didn't know I had that much power and strength that I needed within me.

Sage's nurse noticed that she was a little janduice during her 12 hr. check up so since then she has been having to be under lights to hopefully bring down her levels. We got to come home yesterday afternoon but we had to bring a light home with us and then go back into the hospital this morning to get her levels checked. We haven't heard back yet how she is doing but I hope she has gone down.

I'm so lucky to have gotten the most perfect baby who ever graced this planet. She eats, she sleeps, she poops and pees, and she is gorgeous. Her daddy and I can't get enough of her. I feel so blessed to be trusted by my heavenly father to raise this sweet spirit. I am on top of the world. Here are a few pictures of my sweetheart. I hope you love them as much as I do.

4 comments:

  1. ok, can we just talk about how beautiful she is?!? she is so precious! She already is such a stylish baby in that coat. Hope you are doing good as well, you look just as beautiful as she does. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!!! YOU HAD HER!!! :) CONGRATS KAYLA! I'm so happy for you and Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I may or may not have teared up a bit. I am so excited for you! We gotta come see this beautiful baby girl! Cute name too! Congrats on the best blessing Ever! I hope everything is going wonderfully. loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so happy for you! i will come see her soon.

    ReplyDelete